November 13, 2004

Vin Diesel Is Ultra-Cool

Wizards of the Coast just published a hardbound book called A Celebration of Dungeons & Dragons - 30 Years Of Adventure. I hefted this with a chuckle (couldn't open it because it's shrinkwrapped)...then noticed right under the title it says Forward by Vin Diesel.

Vin "Fast And The Furious" Diesel played D&D? Riddick once rolled 20-sided dice? The mere idea floored me.

As I said, I couldn't open this book to see what treasures laid within, but there is an excerpt of Vin's forward on the back cover:

"We are all drawn to the game because it allowed us to become these characters, vastly different in appearance and in actions, but what kept us hooked was the search for the character that represented our higher self. Playing D&D was a training ground for our imaginations and an opportunity to explore our own identities."

What can I say...other than "Spoken like a true role-player". I have a new level of respect for Vin, and may even forgive him for XXX.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, you can forgive him for XXX, but I cannot EVER forgive him for the Chronicles of Trash that one of my "friends" forced me at dagger point to go and see!

The LichLord

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Rothar said...

"Friend" (in quotes), eh? At dagger point, you say? Man, where is the gratitude? *chuckle*

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[GASP!] What does that say about us?

Does that mean that we are all evil dictators in the making? ;) Though I never played "true" evil, I most certainly had "tendencies".

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen the trailer for his new movie "The Pacifier"? It's a...comedy. And it actually looks funny.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home