October 18, 2004

SPACE MADNESS!!!

I just purchased the original & uncut first 2 seasons of Ren & Stimpy.

On one hand, it's great to finally see the original episodes again. I have them on tape, but the quality was very poor to begin with and they've been degrading with time. So bad that the audio fluctuates between inaudible to staggeringly loud.

Maybe it's me, but there's nothing funnier than this type of lowest-common-denominator humor. Stimpy is funny, but then again he's basically the big retarded character. Ren on the other hand is my kind of character, he flies into huge fits of rage and seems to go insane every other episode. And there's just something about these characters screaming at the top of their lungs I can't help but laugh at.

On the other hand, after the first season the shows get progressively worse. I'm not sure if this was an effect of Nickelodeon's increasing censorship and control over story content, but the manic genius fades into boring monotony. The episodes get so bad that after the first few episodes of the last disk, they become almost unwatchable.

Still, that's a small price to pay for getting to watch these two sick little monkeys in all their glory.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rothar said...

It is not I who am crazy...IT IS I WHO AM MAD!

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call...the...police.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Rothar said...

Hmmm...

No sir, I don't like it.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like it one bit.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like it one bit.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home