November 23, 2007

The Mist

Wednesday night, after work, I went out to see Stephen King's The Mist.

This is a great story that feels like something H.P. Lovecraft might have written. It's always been one of my favorite King stories. I remember reading this way back in 1985 and wishing they'd make a film out of it. Now my dreams have been made manifest!

The great thing about the movie is how well it tracks with the book. I checked Thanksgiving morning and, with the exception of giving it an actual ending, it's very true to the book. Much of the dialogue is word-for-word.

The characters are much like real people in how they are all very much individuals, each reacting to the disaster in the only way they can.

The creatures in the mist, many of which remain shadowy or partially visible, are terrifying in their brutality and otherworldly-ness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home