October 28, 2007

Saw IV SUCKS!!!

I watched Saw IV earlier today. The title of this post says it all, but I'll elaborate anyway.

Saw is a drop-dead classic, in the first movie the viewer has no idea what's coming. Two men are chained to pipes in a dingy room, and must work out the clues and their own demons to get free.

Saw II tries a slightly different formula, a whole group of people all trapped together, slowly dying of poison. There's a puzzle they have to figure out to escape, but this is a group of people you don't really care about and who don't work together at all. The twist at the end is not as good as in the original, but it's something that caught me off-guard. It's pretty good, but not as great as the original.

In Saw III, Jigsaw is dying. So he's playing one last game. This one threw me for a loop, it's just about as good as the original.

Saw IV picks up during Jigsaw's autopsy (which is absolutely gruesome), where they find a tape in his stomach. I won't go into details, but at the end the viewer is left confused...hell, from what I heard the entire audience was confused. Now I've seen every Saw film, but I had to use Google to figure out what the hell happened here! Don't worry, I won't spoil anything, but let's just say that there are very subtle clues that, unless you boned up on all three movies before watching this one, you'll miss.

I'd have to say that Saw IV tries too hard to be clever, so hard that only a die-hard fan will catch on to what's happening. I'd have to say that the only way this is worth seeing, is as part of a Saw movie marathon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home