November 06, 2007

Beware the Blue Warning Tag

I've been seeing a lot of the blue handicapped tags in vehicle windshields. After what's becoming a countless number of experiences with these drivers, I've come to view these as warning or asshole tags.

For some reason, people who have these tags on their vehicles drive worse than teenagers. They're not just foolish, but foolishly brave.

While driving my big rig I have been: cut off, forced to avoid someone intent on merging into my side, not allowed to merge or change lanes even though I was signaling and adjusting my speed (hell, just a few days ago I was even forced off the road...on New Hampshire Ave in Lakewood, my old turf!).

I even had one driver jump right out in front of me after looking right at me, forcing me to slam on and smoke the brakes. But instead of picking up speed, he drove less than a quarter mile only to jam on his brakes and then signal a turn!

I've come to realize that the people with these tags on their cars either should not be driving at all (as proven by their obvious lack of ability), or they feel they have special rights to do crazy things because they are indeed handicapped.

Whenever I see this tag, I worry. And easily 19 times out of 20, the driver does something insanely stupid. I just make sure I'm as far away as possible when it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home