August 08, 2006

Super Pirates In The Water

Been too lazy to make frequent updates, so here's one mega-update on some movies I saw recently.

Superman was pretty good, the new actor does a nice job and I like Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor. I'd say it's worth seeing.

Pirates of the Carribean - Dead Man's Chest is really, really good. It's a lot of fun and just as good as the first, maybe even better. Oh, make sure you wait until the very end of the credits for an easter egg!

Lady in the Water is really lame. I'm not going to spoil anything because there's nothing to spoil, there is absolutely no twist in this movie. It's a tepid tale about an obscure fairy tale that I'm not even sure is real...I think the director made it up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see, didn't see Superman, I think I'll wait for the DVD.

Lady in the Water looked boring even in the TV and Movie ads/previews. Another friend said that the plot was boring and predictable. 'Nuf said.

Pirates was really good. I don't think it was as good as the first, but is definitely in the running. Depp delivered an excellent rendition of our fav Pirate, Jack Sparrow...That's Capt'n, Jack Sparrow. ;)

The only thing I found tiring, was the overextended sword fight scene. It was like the energizer bunny...it just kept going and going and...well you get the idea.

Pirates 3 is "in the can". So we can look forward to that next summer.

J

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home