October 08, 2005

PETA My Ass!

Thursday night I had a delivery to a woman in Mount Laurel. She asked if she could write a check, but I couldn't take it (against store policy). She then asked if she could use a credit card, but she could only do that over the phone with the store manager. So she went in search of money, while I waited on her porch for several minutes.

I noticed that she had several animal-friendly stickers on the glass next to her door, since I was bored I checked them out. The top one was for the WWF (World Wildlife Federation), the next two were for other be-nice-to-animal organizations I'm not familiar with.

The last sticker was pink, it was for PETA and had "proud memeber" written across the top.

Thinking, "Wouldn't it be ironic if...", I looked at the tag on her pizza box.

Sure enough, the toppings included pepperoni, sausage, and bacon!

3 Comments:

Blogger mithglin said...

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!WTF This is what really ticks me off about the people who ram their opinions down my throat yet won't do their part to achieve thier goal. EnvironMENTAList driving SUVs, anti abortionist who don't adopt children, and PETA freaks who love their pepperoni. Check this out about PETA and their "Animals = Slaves" BS

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/orl-peta05_105oct05,0,4179566.story?coll=sfla-newsnation-front

GRRRRRR! Thanks for the spike in my blood pressure so early in the morning :p

6:44 AM  
Blogger Rothar said...

If I felt truly malicious, I could always contact PETA and give them this woman's address (I still remember it) *evil grin*

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you read the crap on their web page?

Or their equally annoying file not found page? [rolls eyes]

"This page may be extinct, just as like you might be if you keep loading your plate with hamburgers, ...yatta yatta yatta."

I've found that there is a lot of hypocracy in such organizations. The elite who think that they know better than everyone else and try to force change down everyone else's throat.

If someone practices what they preach, then I can at least afford them some modicom of respect, even if I don't agree with most of their beliefs.

But Bob and I are evil. We are omnivores, we occasionally wear leather or fur, and our horses participate in re-enactment activites. The only thing we don't do is experiment on them. 3-4 PETA sins. ;)

We have four "slaves". Let's see...co-residing with us are two American shorthairs. Both are rescues from the pound. Gee...maybe I should have let them go to the gas chamber or starved on the streets in the winter. Slaves indeed: all they do is sit around and do nothing except play, eat, and sleep. They get free medical and dental as well as room and board. They don't lift a paw to help with the chores or pay their way. I don't have them attached to little pony carts and have them haul stuff around. So, tell me PETA how are they slaves? Seems to me I'm the one that's doing all the work.

At least Phantom and Normandie do a little to earn their room and board.

But we are evil because our hobby would place us in the "entertainment business".

(End PETA rant)

J

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home