September 19, 2005

Minor Topic Addendum

Not much going on recently, Katrina aside. I was going to write a major post about that, but other than pointing out that state and local authorities made more of an effort to cry about Bush than help their own people, what else is there to say?

Class is done and I'm waiting for my final test, on the 4th of October...this is the road test. I felt like I could pass it no problem over 2 weeks ago, so I'll have no trouble next Tuesday.

I'm working on my truck driving resume, which is woefully inadequate compared to my other resumes. Hell, I've even got one for technical writing that kicks balls! I should have it done in the next couple of days, end of week at very latest, then I'll start looking for employment.

Tomorrow my car goes in for maintenance. It needs a tune up real bad but, more importantly, I'm getting a noise from my U-joint and need it replaced.

I've been up flying with Jim a couple of times, which was sweet. Last Sunday I drove out to Lancaster PA to pick him up, since he dropped his plane off from prop work. It was a picture perfect day for driving, the countryside was beautiful, I got to see the Atglen 500 meter range in action...and once more I forgot my digital camera! I should just leave the thing in my trunk for a solid month.

Two nights ago I got to see lunar "god rays". Again, no camera.

Other than that, not much is happening.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole Katrina thing was just one bad decision after another. I think people would have blamed Bush no matter what. Just seems to be the popular thing to do these days. Once again, people take NO RESPONSIBILITY for their own actions or poor decisions. It's always someone else's fault, never theirs.

The mayor of New Orleans was more prepared mentally than that twit of a Govenor. But I dirgress.

Anyhow...good luck with the auto and more importantly, best wishes for the road test in October!

Cheers,
J

7:25 AM  
Blogger Rothar said...

Katrina: Too many of the victims did little to help themselves. There were robbers in the mens rooms and rapists in the women's rooms of the Superdome, yet not one of the refugees in the stadium lifted a finger to help themselves. If this had happened at an Eagles game, Philly fans would have lined up and gladly beat the crap out of these guys. But those guys down south would rather wait DAYS for the National Guard to restore order.

Auto Update: A new serpentine belt has taken care of most of my rough idling. I still need a tune up, but it's not so urgent now. The mechanic diagnosed a bad transmission mount, which is now on order. Once it comes in it'll get installed, should be in the next day or two.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Rothar said...

Auto Update: I heard "serpentine belt", but have since discovered that what was replaced was actually the TIMING belt.

The transmission mount came in late Friday, unfortunately the garage did not have the staffing to do the job Saturday. So it'll get installed on Monday.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Rothar said...

Auto Update: Transmission mount installed, the weird knocks and pings are gone. Sometimes it's amazing what you can get for a $40 part and an hour's worth of labor.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home