July 10, 2008

I Just Did A Microsoft Update...WHAT THE FUCK?!?

On Monday my computer notified me of the latest update for Windows XP. Though I'm normally very lazy, updating these things once a month at the very earliest, this time I went ahead and did it immediately.

Much to my dismay.

It's taken me two days to figure out what the hell this update did to my computer. I've been offline the entire time. There's no level of hell quite like trying to troubleshoot your PC without internet access...especially when your ISP's tech support line plays helpful "Visit us at www-whatever" messages while you wait on hold.

Long story short, it changed my ZoneAlarm internet security to 'high', which basically cuts off all access to email or web pages.

Thanks a lot, fucking Microsoft!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

It's Microsoft, why are you so surprised? ;)

Pats her MacBook Pro. :D *ducks and runs*

1:06 PM  
Blogger Rothar said...

Why I oughta... (nyuck nyuck)

*sigh* Oh, I'm not surprised at all. Just another new Microsoft 'feature', after all! Hell, that joke itself is as old as Microsoft!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home