July 05, 2008

Hancock

Today I wanted to watch a movie. I basically had two choices: Wall-E or Hancock. I chose Hancock, figuring that was a funny superhero comedy starring Will Smith. What could go wrong?

I should have chose Wall-E.

Don't get me wrong, Hancock has its funny moments. Will Smith is basically playing a despondent, drunk superhero who just doesn't give a rat's ass anymore. Jason Bateman is the agent who's going to turn Hancock's image around. When Hancock is in action, especially when he's drunk at the start of the film, it's laugh-out-loud funny.

The problem is, this movie tries to go too deep. But in a bad way. I mean, a very poorly written way. When you actually find out his true origin, it makes about as much sense as the Highlander realizing he was from Zeist in Highlander 2. Then there's the ending itself, which is overly drawn out and underwhelming to say the least.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Time for HellBoy!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Rothar said...

Oh, I hears ya. That, and Batman here in a week or so!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home