February 05, 2007

The Venture Bros.

Lately I've found a new favorite cartoon, The Venture Bros.

For those of you not in the know, it's about Dr. Venture (a not-so-great mad scientist), his two sons (who remind me of nothing so much as the Hardy Boys), the Doctor's bodyguard Brock (a tough guy), and their droid Helper.

Each episode focuses on their latest adventure, usually they're trying to make some money or cash in on an old invention of Dr. Venture's dad.

The series has some cool bad guys, such as Underbite (a "second rate Dr. Doom") and the often maligned Monarch (much like Batman, except he's based off a butterfly.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The MONARCH RULES... ;)

Just kidding.

If I were to sum it up, it is a perverse spin on "The Adventures of Johnny Quest". They added a brother instead of a mystic named Haji.

It is very...entertaining...when we happen to catch an episode.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Rothar said...

I didn't like the Monarch at first, but his egomaniacal yet lame rantings eventually won me over.

I'd like to see more of Underbite.

Season 1 is on DVD now, cheap!

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home