March 14, 2009

The Essence of Reality

Attended a very interesting talk Friday night on how each of us views reality through our own unique filter, and how by making inner improvements you can change your own reality.

Okay, that's an extreme oversimplification, but it's the best I can do.

The gentleman in question is Thomas Daniel Nehrer, his book is called The Essence of Reality. He's also got a web site, where all the information in the book can be found (for free, no less!)

In my life I've read three books that changed everything: Tao Te Ching, The Four Agreements, and No More Mr. Nice Guy. I've kept a journal for over 10 years, which has helped me finally sort out my life and why I did such strange things, as well as record and interpret my dreams (which have meaning unique to the dreamer).

As a result of all my introspection, I was able to sit through this entire talk and 'get it'. Mr. Nehrer is a fellow human being who knows himself, thus is able to see the world as it truly is. He's definitely further along the path than me, but it's encouraging to see that my journey of inner enlightenment is not some fool's errand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home