March 02, 2005

Intestinal Virus

All I can say is...ICK!

Yesterday I woke up with the runs. So I called out of the work and convalesced, spent all morning either on the pot or recovering on the couch. By the afternoon I was feeling a bit better, so I ordered chinese (I usually get chicken & rice soup when sick from this place down the street), but may have overdone it by going back to solid food too soon.

Last night I felt warm and still crampy, but brushed it off as the last gasp of food poisoning. But after being up all night with a 100 degree fever and still feeling queasy, I called out again and actually visited the doctor this time.

He ruled out food poisoning and said I've got this strong intestinal virus that's making the rounds. So basically I'm on a liquid diet today, a bland diet tomorrow (I remember him saying granola, breads, bananas and soups), then no dairy products or caffeine for a week.

No Wawa coffee with cream?

Well, since the doctor said tea's fine for me today, then I'll assume that it's tea in the morning for a week, which isn't too bad.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh... :-P

No coffee. Man, I'd have the migrain from HELL if I had to go without for a week! But hey, I suppose by then, I'd have the stuff out of my system.

Feel Better soon.

~J

8:51 AM  
Blogger Rothar said...

Yeah, and you're talking to a guy who gets migraines!

I'll survive, take my Excedrin Migraine if I need it otherwise avoid coffee. I thought it odd the doc said to avoid coffee, but tea's fine...I guess it's more than just the caffeine.

Thanks!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Everything is going Indy's way. He's just found out about Belloc and the Germans digging in the wrong place for the Temple in Tanis.

He grabs a date.

Flips it into the air and opens his mouth.

Salwa hand grabs the date just above Indy's mouth.

Salwa says as he looks at dead monkey on the floor ...Bad dates.

I guess in your case it would be...

Bad coffee. ;)

8:02 AM  
Blogger Rothar said...

"Bad Dates" LOL that is a great scene.

Man, this non-dairy stuff sucks. I'm learning to feel for people who suffer lactose intolerance, it's difficult finding stuff that doesn't have dairy.

Yesterday for lunch I stopped at Wawa, noticed Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup on their menu so I ordered a cup. I didn't realize that "homestyle" is some yuppie term for "creamy".

Come on, Wednesday!

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creamy? in a sound...Blekk!

Homestyle in my lexicon of cookery is a nice chicken soup that is made from a stock from cooking the skins and the carcass with seasoning, straining out the unnecessary bits and adding the desired ingredients. No dairy involved.

This must be brought to you by the same people who gave us "Manhattan" clam chowder. Chowder is cream based not tomato based. There's a law on the book in Rhode Island forbidding the sale of that nasty tomatoey conncoction.

J

9:25 AM  
Blogger Rothar said...

Didn't know that. I've been a fan of both styles of clam chowder, though the New England "chow-dah" is better!

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home